Its all about safety.
The NRA has a few rules about its classes and expects every firearms training instructor to follow these rules to keep them safe. Here are the major classroom rules that all students and faculty members must follow in order to run a concealed weapons or firearm safety class.
These are the most important rules of the NRA firearm safety course, and must be repeated every 15 or 20 minutes during your firearm safety class:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger.
- Always keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
If you follow all three of these rules 100% of the time, you will never have an accident with a firearm.
Some other rules for your NRA Firearm Safety Class:
- We do not use the word “weapon.” The media has distorted this word and made it have a negative connotation. Instead, use “firearm,” “gun,” “pistol,” or whatever else floats your boat.
- There is no live ammunition allowed into the classroom – that keeps us safe!
- No one is allowed to carry into the classroom.
This was taken on my wedding day.